Saturday, March 1, 2008

Trip to the Zoo!

After months and months of drab, yucky, cold weather, we had the most beautiful day today. It got to 61! Being since the kids have been caged up for all that time, Jenn and I decided to take them all to the zoo today. It was good for all of us. Jenn and I found a way to occupy another husbandless saturday and the kids got to run around freely. The only problem was that apparently everyone else had the same idea as we did because the zoo was packed. We did go into the aquarium and after being packed in there like sardines, we opted to spend the remainder of the time outside and avoid the rest of the buildings. The fresh air was wonderful. The animals were very active today so the kids were able to see more of them in action than they usually do.


The kids loved the penguin exhibit and this bubble thing is on one end of the exhibit. They all climbed up in there and I tried to take a picture. Tanner is in there too but he is turned around looking at the penguins. You can see his feet!


Kaiden found an orange fish that he was chasing around the tank. For some reason that was the one animal he seemed to really take to during this trip. The fish managed to get behind Kenzie before I took the picture. Okay, this is the second picture that I managed to leave something or someone out of. I really am not that bad usually!


This was taken in the shark tunnel where sharks swim all around you except the floor. I think the picture pretty much says it all.


No drama here! Kaitlyn swore that she saw a shark eat a fish and she was very worried about that poor little fish!


Maddison was less than thrilled about our little outing. She was really good and spend almost all of the time in her stroller sucking on her favorite 2 fingers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you guys took advantage of the nice weather. I miss that zoo! Looks like you guys had a blast! I can't believe how big Maddison is getting!

Anonymous said...

That looks like so much fun! The zoo is one of our favorite places to go and is was beautiful this weekend. Nice to get out and enjoy the weather before the snow we got yesterday!

Anonymous said...

That first picture of the backsides of all the kids is darling! What a fun day you had.