Kenzie starts into kindergarten this next year and she is so excited. She has been doing preschool 5 days a week in the afternoon so I think she will do okay being gone all day for kindergarten. They do something here called kindergarten roundup where they invite the new kindergartener and the parents to the school for a meeting. The kids go down to the classroom to make crafts and have fun while the parents find out all the in's and out's of kindergarten.
Mac was a little hesitant at first and was not thrilled about being carted down the hall with strangers while I went the opposite directions for a meeting. Hesitant is maybe not the best word, she was clinging to my legs and I couldn't shake her off. I tried and tried to convince her that she needed to go down and have fun with the other kids. After several minutes she let out a squeal and got all excited pointing to Mr. Smith. The preschool has invited teachers from the resource room to come into the classroom and meet the kids so they wouldn't be as scared about going to kindergarten and Mr. Smith is who will be handling Kenzie's IEP. She practically ran to him and didn't care whether I left at that point or not. I guess that shows where I rank! lol!
The kids all got to make bears out of sugar cookies. As you can see from the picture, Kenzie decided that instead of using the vanilla wafers for ears, she was going to give her bear cheeks. What is it about my kids and cheeks? :0) She was very proud of her bear and had a blast with the other kids. I am sure we will still have some adjustments going to kindergarten but at least she now has met the teachers and understands that Mr. Smith will be there.

No comments:
Post a Comment