Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Finding Templates

I have had a few of you ask where in the world I am finding my templates for my blog. I used to find quite a few at a place called http://www.pyzam.com/. They are pretty cute and there are lots to choose from on that site. My only problem with them were that the colors just seemed really bright for me. I went out on a search for other free templates and found this blog http://www.matiekay.blogspot.com/. She designs free ones or she will customize you one if you pay her. I did some searching on how to create my own templates and came across the site that had the template I currently have. But, I didn't save the blog it came from due to having children distracting me and I have tried to retrace my steps to find it again with no luck. It took me a while to find it and I know I went through several blogs before I happened upon it. I want to find it again so I will see if I cannot figure out what blog it came from. But, the MatieKay site has several that are pretty cute. I find some free template that are cute every once in a while and I will try to post them when I find them. I just don't like the ones that are offered through Blogspot. I am also trying to learn how to make my own so depending on how that goes, I might be able to post some that I make.

I found a couple of sites today that have free templates and I will keep looking for more and post them when I find them. Keep in mind that many sites I find only offer a few for free because they want you to pay them to design them. If you keep checking back, they might change the free ones out. The Cutest Blog On The Block by far has the cutest ones out of these.
http://cutestblogontheblock.blogspot.com/
http://betterinpink.com/freebies-main/
http://splatdesigns.blogspot.com/2006/10/free-templates.html
http://designsbysummer.blogspot.com/2008/01/free-blogger-templates.html


I will also add that most of mine have been found by just typing in "free blog templates" into Google. You do have to take some time to sift through the yucky ones but you will eventually find some cute ones. If you are interested in learning how to make your own you can go to this blog http://sjhblogdesign.blogspot.com/. It looks painfully difficult but I am determined to learn.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info Lacey. I'll see what I can find on those sites.