8 years ago
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
Exciting News!
I have some fun news to share and no I'm not pregnant! It seems like whenever I have big news that is what it is, but not this time. Some of you know that I used to teach an online course for WGU from home. I stopped doing that last March and started working on my master's degree full time. A few weeks ago my old boss gave me a call asking me to apply for a job doing almost exactly what I was doing before except I would be faculty and be on salary instead of being paid according to how many students I had. I went back and forth but decided to go for it because it is a huge opportunity. Well, I got the call today and they want me back. I am so excited because I loved my job before. I get to work from home and a typical work week will be 15 to 20 hours that I can schedule on my own time. Not to mention that it pays really well. I have to travel to Utah for 2 weeks in April for training and then I am on my own. I will be required to go to Utah each July and Feb for graduation and faculty meetings so there is a minimal amount of traveling that I will have to do. I feel so lucky to have this job. It is nice that I can work from home so I can be with my kids all day. Plus, teaching is my thing so it is really fulfilling for me. I thought about substitute teaching this fall so I could get my teaching fix but now I don't have to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Glad it worked out! Sounds like a sweet deal.
That is so exciting!! I bet your family is so proud of you. I remember you telling me how much you loved doing it, glad you have the opportunity again. Congrats!
Congratulations! So happy for you.
WOW! Congrats! I'm so jealous! Well, i little jealous! :) How is that going to work with your hubby gone so much? I'm sure the Lord will find a way! It's so exciting and sounds like a good adventure! Good Luck! I hope this doesn't mean you'll be posting less! ;)
That's great! I love being able to do your two loves (kids and whatever your skill is). Good luck and I'm sure you'll enjoy the extra money!
hey, wanted to ask where you get all your cute backgrounds/templates?
I actually get most of them from a website called www.pyzam.com. They have so many to choose from there and they are all free. I am in the process of learning how to create my own templates but it isn't going too well! lol! The one I currently have I got from just searching online for free blogger templates. But the pyzam site is really good. I hope this helps.
Post a Comment