Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Jason is Home!!!!

I know that I have been MIA for a few days but with a good excuse. Jason is home! Hurray!!! He called me earlier last week saying that he might be coming home on the 17th or sometime this week but he didn't know. They were waiting to find out if an extention to keep them there was going to go through or not. Well, it didn't. He called me up friday afternoon and said that he would be home the next day. They sent some of the guys home with the jet while others had to stay there and wait for transportation arrangements to be made for them. They all should be home sometime this week. It seems like I had as much advance notice for him coming home as I had for when he was leaving.

The kids are still very excited to have him home. I didn't tell them that he was coming home because it seems like nothing is ever concrete in the military. As a matter of fact, only Jenn and my mom had any clue that he was coming home on saturday. When he was gone last summer he was told that he would be coming home and I got the kids all excited. The day before he was supposed to come they told him that they were keeping him for an indefinate period of time. The tears from the kids was too much for me to go through again so I choose to keep quiet until I can actually lay eyes on Jason so I know nothing is going to keep him away.

Well, I packed the kids up in the car and told them that we were going out to the commissary, which they were not thrilled about. I drove out to the base and went to Jason's squadron only to hear Kaitlyn tell me that I was going the wrong direction and asked if we were sending Daddy a package. I pointed to Jason and asked if they recognized that guy. I think that they sucked all the oxygen out of the car the way they gasped. Needless to say, they were much happier when they figured out that Jason was home and that they didn't have to go to the commissary.

Jason always brings presents home, which I love of course! He brought the girls seashell necklaces. He better be careful or he will have them loving jewelry as much as I do! Kaiden got a drum and Jason was kind enough to get rid of the stick that came with it before he got home so it is not driving me crazy yet. Maddie got an adorable yellow sundress that drowns her like all the rest of her clothes. He got me a little extra this time. In addition to a cute swimsuit cover and linen pants, he bought me blue diamond studs. I love, love, love them! Diamonds are my favorite. What a good hubby!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad that he is home! I know that you guys missed him terribly and in time for Easter! What a great present. I remember my father would get deployed also and would bring back little gifts as well. I remember one blanket from Turkey. Tell him he has started something he can not back out of now. How fun!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad he's home... in time to help you survive spring break!