Monday, March 10, 2008

Shhhh


I think that everyone with a 2 year old can understand how frustrating those days are when your kids will not take naps even though you know they are exhausted. Kaiden has been really struggling taking naps for months now. He just does not want to fall asleep. I have not pushed it too much because he does know what quiet time is and he is good about doing that. He knows that he has a hour and a half to two hours everyday that he has to go up and sit in his room. I would prefer that he take a nap but as long as the house is quiet for a little while I am happy as can be.

Well the other day Kaiden was sent up to his room for quiet time and played the entire time, as usual. I went up and opened his door so he could come out after an hour or so. He walks downstairs and sits on the couch next to me. I noticed that he looked really tired so I just let him sit there while I went in to start dinner. I came back in in a few minutes and he had fallen asleep. He looked so uncomfortable but I was too afraid to wake him up so I let him be. It was one of the best naps he has had in months! He wasn't even grumpy when he woke up so I was tickled pink.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so funny! Kael has been stuggling a little too, but I'm the same! We do quiet time as well. Glad that he wasn't grumpy and that he got some rest.

Anonymous said...

so sweet! it is hard when you know they're tired but they just fight sleep. emily's only crashed on the couch once--we for sure got a picture of that one!