My birthday was this weekend and we had a really good time. The kids are starting to get really excited about our birthdays and love picking out gifts and decorating the cakes. So, Jason and I have noticed that our birthdays are being celebrated in a whole different way now. It was a full day production! Kaitlyn told me that I can go ahead and get older as long as I don't get all wrinkly. Funny kid. She is apparently concerned that I am going to start looking old or something.
Jason is such a good husband. He could have taken the easy way out and just bought me a birthday cake with that horrible frosting on it, but he took the time to bake and decorate one for me instead. He even made sure it was carrot cake with cream cheese frosting, my favorite.
I started a tradition while we were living in Texas where the kids get to go to the dollar store and pick out gifts for us and for each other on birthdays. I used to take them to a more expensive store but I found that they always chose things that were "junk" but cost a fortune. I always felt bad telling them that they couldn't get that present. So, I came up with the idea of letting them go to the dollar store. They each get to choose 2 presents and they can get literally anything they want to. They have a blast! This year Kaiden got me some Krazy String and Hot Tamales. Of course, he had to help me open them..JPG)
Mac got me some Circus Peanuts and another can of Krazy String. I know that Jason is eyeing that string stuff and will hit me with it at some unexpected point in time. A part of me wonders if he was encouraging the kids to get me it so he could declare war on me. Jason is big into pranks and catching me off guard. At this point, I'm a bit paranoid! lol! Kaitlyn got me some Twizzlers and some sponge bug pill things that you put in the water and the pill dissolves leaving you these sponge bugs. Okay, so sometimes the kids get gifts that they are hoping we will let them have rather than getting us something that we would use. But, in all fairness, who really wants to keep things from the dollar store.
.JPG)
No, Jason didn't get me diapers but he did make sure that he cracked some smart comment about me getting old enough to need them! You know he was just a snickering when he was wrapping my present in a diaper box. He got me two fairly high value items that he knew I wouldn't buy myself but that I really wanted. I have been complaining that I don't have music to listen to while I am on the treadmill and I didn't want anything big and bulky. So, he got me an iPod and downloaded some music on it for me. He also bought me a Cricut thing. Tonia has one and I think it is so cool. Jason says that I have to quit seeing Tonia's scrapbooking toys because it gives me the idea that I want all these fun things. lol! I wanted the larger one but it is $400 in the store and the smaller is $190 so I told Jason that I didn't need the larger one. He bought the smaller one and then found a killer deal on the larger one so he took the smaller one back and I have the larger one. Yipee!
.JPG)
The girls were so excited about my birthday all day. They wanted to know what I wanted most for my birthday and I told them a whole day without fighting and with all my kids acting like they like each other. As you can see, they did their best to be friends for the day. They normally get along really well but they were exceptionally good that day.
.JPG)
I was trying to get a picture of Jason and Maddison but Jason didn't dare take his eyes off the cake for even a second. Kaiden was standing a little too close to it and we all know that Kaiden would not hesitate to put his hand in it and get himself a piece. Maddie had a bit of a rough weekend. I am a little congested so I am not sure if she is maybe getting whatever I have or if she is teething. She will be 7 months on the 3rd and has no teeth as of yet. All the other kids got their first tooth at 6 to 7 months so she could very well be teething.
4 comments:
What a great husband! Maybe I am rubbing off on you to much...Jason might just ban you from hanging out with me! LOL! Looks like you had a great day! Happy Birthday!
another year closer to 30? HOw does it feel? Not great- huh? I'll beat you there by a month and let you know! Happy Birthday - Late!
SOunds like a great b-day. What a great family you have (husband and all) to give you presents and be excited for YOUR day. I'm so adopting that tradition of going to the dollar store (of course once we get back to the states). It's such a good idea! Happy B-day!
happy birthday! i totally remembered LAST week and thought to myself on friday that i needed to remember to call you on saturday...but, of course, i forgot to call. i'm so glad that you had a fun day though and even got your favorite cake! yummy stuff!
Post a Comment