Wednesday, May 7, 2008

An Update on Mac

I have a had a few people call about Mac so I thought I would post an update on how she is doing. She is a little shaken up about the accident but is doing pretty darn good. She keeps talking about it which only makes me want to cry but I guess it is important that she gets it out of her system. She was complaining about being sore yesterday but seems to be doing better today. She is a little nervous about going to school today.

I, on the other hand, am really struggling with all of this. I didn't sleep last night and I am a complete nut case when I think about sending her to school. I know that she will be fine but this is all just a little too fresh. Don't worry, I will put on my big girl pants and let her go to school. :0)

An administrator called me from the school district last night to see how Mac was doing and confirmed that the driver of the other car had had his license suspended and told me that he only hit the front of the school van because he was able to swerve. Otherwise he would have broadsided the van. That freaked me out a bit because the sheriff said that if the van would have been broadsided that everyone that sat on that side would have been either severely injured or killed. Mac sits on the second row on that side. It makes my heart stop to think about it. I saw the driver of the other car at the ER and wanted to beat him! I have never been so angry in my life. But, I have calmed down now and have gotten a better hold of myself. We are doing alright but I think it will take a few days for us to all feel completely normal.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Lacey, I am so glad that MacKenzie is okay! I know that I have not ever experienced anything like that, so thanks for sharing. Call if you need anything.

Anonymous said...

I was telling Roland about this and I had a hard time not getting choked up! I was imagining myself in your place. I am so glad she is okay.

Anonymous said...

Lacey, that is so scary. I am so glad she is okay. I don't blame you for being worried, I'd be totally freaked to send her back to school. I am so grateful everything is okay.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, Lacey! I am so glad that she is ok and that everyone else is ok! I would be feeling the same way you are especially about beating up the guy that started the whole mess! Isn't it crazy how fast something bad can happen? That scares me to death!

Anonymous said...

i'd be totally nervous about letting her on another van as well! i'm glad she's doing okay though--and that the psycho driver is OFF of the road!! i hope he realizes the depth of his actions. it would definitely be tough to forgive. please call if you need anything!