
I have talked many times about my honey-do list that I have for Jason and how good he is about getting things done. Well, we have been working on finishing up the windows in the basement so he can put up the sheetrock. The bad thing is that because we couldn't have windows put in originally when we built the house, we are now having to dig out the windows and cut through the foundation to put in our own. Jason has been digging holes for a little while. The first hole is the largest so I think he was almost thrilled when he started on the one you see in the pictures. I cannot wait until he is done "playing" in the dirt!

You can see the other window in the upper left of this picture. It has been very rainy here so he had to put a board over it and stake it down so it wouldn't fill with water. Imagine the mess that would make! Notice how muddy the dirt is. I guess that is what happens after almost a weeks worth of constant raining.
Who knew that digging out windows would make such a dirt pile? The picture doesn't do it justice and I tried to have Kaiden stand out by the pile so you could all see how big it is but Jason wouldn't let me. Something about telling Kaiden all day that he couldn't play in the dirt and me encouraging Kaiden to go stand by it didn't fly with Jason. :0) I guess it's a good thing I can use the dirt for landscaping or Jason would be in trouble for making a rather large pile in my backyard.
3 comments:
Tony had to dig out our window well too when we finished our basement. What a PAIN!
That looks like a nasty job. At least you don't seem to have the clay we do up here. Best of luck!
good thing the weather has been a bit cooler--much better for digging! i'm sure jason secretly enjoyed playing in all of that dirt though!
Post a Comment