Sunday, August 9, 2009

Playing catch up

It's not very often that I post a whole week's happening in one post but because I am behind, it will have to do. We are busy getting ready for school but tried to do some fun things between the many trips to the store.

Why this picture? I got Maddie ready for church and as we were going out the door, I noticed that both pockets on the front of her dress were bulging. Something like that has to be investigated and she took off. I finally managed to wrestle her to the ground, once I kicked off the high heels and quit worrying about flashing anyone, and found that he pockets were full of rocks. And I mean FULL. My parents bought her these colored rocks while we were at Jackson and she takes them everywhere with her. It looks like I might have to have my kids turn out their pockets on their way to church so I can see what they are trying smuggle in.
After church we decided to go on an alphabet walk. The kids love trying to find things that start with the letter we are on. Mackenzie was getting frustrated because she wasn't finding things. The second time we are going through the alphabet and come to the letter "B", she exclaims, "Booger!" After being mildly embarrassed that the people standing in their driveway were laughing, I reminded her that it needed to be something we could see. NEVER say that to a child who just said "Booger". She quickly put her finger in her nose and proudly announced, "See Mom, booger." Then she kept on walking like nothing had happened. Lesson learned.
We went to the zoo with Jenn and her kids. I couldn't believe how busy it was for a Monday and poor Jenn walked around in the hot sun even though she is very pregnant right now.

We had a family movie night last night. You know it has been an exhausting week when you can sit down to watch a movie in a basement that is covered in toys and not care one bit.

2 comments:

Cara said...

The booger story is hilarious! :) Glad you are back! :)

Kathleen said...

an abc walk--what a good idea! we go on lots' of walks and that would be such a fun think to incorporate!

also, looking through your pics, i've noticed that christian and kaden have quite a few of the same t-shirts! go super-t!

happy birthday to mac too--she's sucha' cutie!