Sunday, August 2, 2009

Family get-together

The last weekend I was home, we had a family get-together with my immediate family and their kids. It was so fun and wonderful to see my kids get a chance to play with their cousins. We camped out on the farm that I grew up on and my brother now owns. The kids said that I grew up in the coolest place ever and I have to agree. They climbed in the trees, played in the creek and loved the animals. One night we even hung a sheet on the side of my parents' camper and watched a movie, "The Snowball Express", with Chad's projector. There were kids in sleeping bags everywhere and lots of giggles. I miss my family so much already.

Todd coming to the rescue by cutting down a dying branch so we could pull more campers in.
Maddie helping clean up said branch.
Kaiden and his "coconut". No matter how many times we tried to tell him it was a pine cone, he insisted it was a coconut.
Under the old willow tree.
Maddie and my niece were the best of friends. They are just a few month apart from each other and it was a blast to watch them play. Where one was, you could always find the other.

Yes, I have major hair envy!
All the girls minus one niece, Braquel.
All the boys. And yes, they are as mischievous as they look.
Chad and Kristi brought kittens and the girls were in heaven. I almost came home with a couple.
Kaiden riding the 4-wheeler with Grandpa and Tyson. Kaiden was Grandpa's little buddy the whole visit. He followed Grandpa everywhere he could.
The girls saw the pool and went right for it. Rather than searching for their swimsuits, we just let them splash in their diapers.
One day we went up the mountains for a picnic and to check to see if the huckleberries were ripe. Some of us rode 4-wheelers and some rode in the back of the truck. Ashlee and I were covered in dirt from the 4-wheeler in front of us but we had a blast. Kaiden loved getting to ride up with Cristyl and back with me. He actually fell asleep on it before we got back. How you fall asleep on the back of a 4-wheeler is something I don't understand. I must be a good driver for him to be so relaxed.
Kaiden adored my sister, Cristyl. He thought she was the coolest. He even tried to follow her into the woods to, um, take care of business.



No comments: