Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Apple Orchard

Mackenzie's class went on a field trip today to the apple orchard at Vala's. She was soooo excited and it is all I have been hearing about for weeks. It was nice to get to go with her and get some one-on-one time. With 4 kids at home, one-on-one time is pretty precious and hard to come by.


Each child got to go out and pick 3 apples off of these little apple trees. It was cute to watch them try and decide which ones to pick. They learned how to pick the apples and Kenzie was being very careful to do it just right. She was very proud of her apples and got a little upset when they were asked to put them in the cart so they could do other things for a while and pick them up later.



You have got to hate it when you pick a big, juicy apple, turn it over and find a worm hole.



Some of her friends from school.


They also got to ride the train, which Mackenzie loved. She didn't even get upset over the loud whistle. That is a first for that.


Mackenzie is very easily distracted and I find that getting her to look at the camera long enough to get a picture is almost impossible. At least I know she had fun.


She bounced on the "pillows".


And she fell on the "pillows".


She went down the slides. She did enjoy the slide despite what the picture looks like.


See, she tried it again. At the end of the day, the kids piled on the buses to head back to school. A good portion of them were crying because they didn't want to leave. I am sure the ride there was more pleasant than the ride back. :0)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun day for Mackenzie (and all the kids). Vala's is a great place - I hope our family makes it this year.

Anonymous said...

what a great day for vala's! i'm glad that you were able to get some one-on-one time with mac--i'm sure she loved it too!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that Vala's is already open, we have got to do that! Looks like a fun time!

Anonymous said...

That makes me sad to see Vala's. We love that place and I have been searching for a place like that here in Missouri....haven't found one quite like Vala's. Glad you all got to enjoy it! Happy Fall!

Anonymous said...

It looks like she had a blast. I love Vala's.

Anonymous said...

Looks like she had a lot of fun!
I enjoyed reading your blog:)