Monday, October 6, 2008

Ballet Class

Mackenzie practing the spilts. Her class was very small today.

Mac stretching before class.

Kaitlyn doing strength exercises. She is in the black suit by the teacher, Miss Ruth.



Don't you just love seeing little girls in ballet clothes? I have the girls in ballet class again this year. I was a little nervous about them because I just couldn't find a studio that did the right balance of technique and fun. I got frustrated and finally just signed them up at the local recreation center because I waited too long to get them into any of the studios around. Yup, I was that frustrated.

Well, it turns out it was a blessing in disguise. The teacher "Miss Ruth" is wonderful and she actually teaches classes down at the professional school downtown that is incredibly expensive. You would never guess that she teaches there until you see her in action. The girls love her. She has an English accent which makes them giggle. She certainly makes it fun but they are learning so much. They actually come home and want to practice. For once, I don't feel like my money spent for dance is a waste. I am happy to write out the check every 6 weeks. Sorry the pictures are not great. Maddison was being a pill and I was just trying to get what I could between her temper tantrums.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lacey!
Its great to hear from you. What a great way to keep in touch. I am just getting started at this blogging thing. I am so glad you found me. Lets keep in touch for sure. My sister-in-law has a blog too. Its on mine as meaksfam...Leah is my younger brother JD's wife and they have the cutest kids. Your kids are adorbale! I am so glad I can get caught up on you and keep in touch!
Love Rochelle

Anonymous said...

Ballet clothes are definitely cute. What fun for your girls.

Anonymous said...

I have her great things about Ruth. I love little girls in ballerina clothes. Drew is loving her ballet class as well. So precious.

Anonymous said...

I love watching little girls dance, especially ballet. Your girls are adorable.