We have decided to let the girls do swimming lessons this year. They love it! We started going on Monday and I know they will be sad to see them end next week. It has been good for the girls to be out in the water without clinging to mom or dad. I would love to take the kids swimming but there are 4 of them and only 2 of us. Not going to work too well unless a couple of them at least learn how to swim.


Kaitlyn is in the Level 1 class. She happens to be the only girl, which she informed me, makes the class crazy. I figured that she would really take to swimming lessons because she has been such a little fish in the past. Surprizingly, she has been a little hesitant. Maybe it is all of those crazy boys splashing around her that has her second guessing herself! :0) She was very excited to go into the deep side today and is adjusting quickly.


I honestly expected Mac to be a little scared or upset that she was in the water without me but she is the exact opposite. She marches right into the water and has been having a blast. When they tell her to put her face in the water, she just does it. I wish she would listen as well at home. :0) She loves her teacher and all she wants to do is talk about swimming lesson.

I thought about putting Kaiden in lessons to but I think I would have been one of those parents who has their child sit on her lap all through swim lessons wondering why I bothered to pay for him to swim. So, I will wait another year before I start him. He gets to hang out with me and Maddie by the pool. I asked him what he thought about swimming lessons and this is the face he pulled. Definately a better idea to wait a year! :0)
3 comments:
looks like they are having fun. It is so wonderful when they can swim on their own!
I'm glad they are going well. I wished I would've put Hayden in this session as well as the last one. He loved it! Tanner was wanting to swim so badly - he and Ethan one day got completely wet while we were watching the older kids.
i'm glad the girls have enjoyed their classes--we'll be doing them next year. i loved kaiden's face in that picture! happy swimming to you all!
Post a Comment