Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Still Rear Facing....

I took Maddison for her 15 month well check yesterday. It was supposed to be a well check but she has been running a temperature of 103.5 for two days and as you can see in the picture, she is not a happy camper. It is rough when they are not feeling well. The funny thing is that she is still eating well and acting pretty good most of the time. The doctor was actually a little surprised that she was that pleasant for having such a high temperature.

Anyways, we got her weighed and measured. I made sure that I filled her with 2 9oz sippy cups full of liquids, some chicken nuggets, and two bowls of cheerios befores we left. I was determined that she would be over 18 pounds so we can turn her carseat around. NOPE! Despite me crossing my fingers and my efforts to fatten her up at the last minute, she still only weighed 17 pounds 3 ounces. So, she is still not on the charts and I got the unpleasant news that she needs to stay in the rear facing carseat. Darn it! Our trip to Idaho might be a wild one with her facing the back.

Her doctor said that we will recheck her at 18 months and hope that she is close to that 20 pound mark but that because she is so petite, she needs to stay rear facing for now. He even chuckled and said she may still be rear facing at 2 years. So, not funny! Her legs don't touch the seat yet so I couldn't even use that as an excuse. Oh well, she is growing and that is what is important. Two pounds in 3 months is actually pretty darn good. Now if we can just keep that up.....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope she is feeling better soon. Darn it on the weight. Life just gets a little easier in the car when they can finally turn around. Hopefully at 18 months!

Anonymous said...

fever's are so the pits! i hope she feels better soon. poor little girl--still not able to turn around! SHE knows she's not a baby anymore!

Anonymous said...

Poor thing! So, I really think you should start feeding her cream instead of milk. No joke. That would fatten her up. My sister had to do that with one of her babes and it worked awesome. :)

Anonymous said...

I remember those times of getting excited to turn them around so that they can see better and also so I can reach them better. She really does look upset in that picture. Hope she starts to feel better;)

Anonymous said...

Darn it. Poor thing! She looks miserable. I hope she gets feeling better soon, and gains some weight so you can face her forward. It is so much easier that way!

Anonymous said...

She looks so sad. I hope she is feeling better! I feel for her. It also wouldn't be too fun still having to look at the back of a seat. I'm sure that isn't too fun.

Anonymous said...

tell all your family Merry Christmas for us!!!

Anonymous said...

So cute! I'm so glad we can keep in touch this way!