Monday, December 15, 2008

Maddie's Update, A Little Rough

Okay, we have somewhat of an update on our little Maddie. When I took her in last Tuesday the doctor said that if her fever hadn't come down by Thursday or Friday that I needed to bring her back in. Heavens only knows how much I hate doing the doctor thing, so I was really crossing my fingers that her fever would be down. Well, it didn't go down. Thursday night she was still at 103.5 and she was not doing very good so I called and got her in first thing on Friday.

That was an adventure that I don't care to do again! They took her temp and looked at her. First they checked her ears again but she had too much wax so they had to dig it out which caused her ears to bleed and resulted in blood all over my shirt. They decided that her ears looked fine so we went over to have a chest x-ray to make sure she didn't have pneumonia. That came back "cloudy", but not cloudy enough to diagnose pneumonia. So on to the urine test. Yes, they had to catheterize her. It was awful. That came back negative so they swabbed her nose. Negative again. So, they had to move on to draw blood. At this point I wanted to cry. They drew the blood and sent us home only to call us about 3 hours later and tell us that her blood clotted too fast for the lab so we had to take her to the hospital and have it drawn again. Needless to say, Jason took pity on me and took her so I wouldn't have to watch her get poked again.

It turns out that she has both a viral infection and a bacterial infection. Not sure how that happened. But, they want us to watch her closely and if her fever goes back up over 102 before Tuesday, we need to take her in and redo the chest x-ray and the blood work. She is doing a little better, but still not our fun little Maddie. Poor thing....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor thing! I'm so sorry for her and you and everyone living through it. I hope she gets better soon.

Anonymous said...

Awwwww... that is so sad! Poor, sweet little girlie! Hope she gets better soon!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you weren't kidding when you told me you had a rough day. Poor little girl.