Kaitlyn turned 7 on Friday, yes the same day I had Maddie in the doctor's office all day (See post below). But, she graciously shared her birthday with her little sister's illness. I cannot believe that I have a 7 year old. Where did time go?
We are very lucky to have Kaitlyn in our family. She is a fun little girl that is a big help around the house. She is always willing to help clean up or fix dinner. Kaitlyn is a reader. She could sit and read books for hours. I guess she gets that from me. :0) We went out to eat for her birthday and she was thrilled when the waiters came out and sang to her. You should have seen her eye that free dessert! We then came back home for presents and cake and icecream. I normally make really cute cakes for the kids birthdays, you know, the ones that take 4 hours to decorate. But, I have not been good about it this year with everything going on. I felt bad and told Kaitlyn that I was sorry that she didn't get a fun cake and she said, "That's okay mommy. I like it just the way it is because you made it." What a sweet little girl. Anyway, Happy Birthday, Kaitlyn!
We are very lucky to have Kaitlyn in our family. She is a fun little girl that is a big help around the house. She is always willing to help clean up or fix dinner. Kaitlyn is a reader. She could sit and read books for hours. I guess she gets that from me. :0) We went out to eat for her birthday and she was thrilled when the waiters came out and sang to her. You should have seen her eye that free dessert! We then came back home for presents and cake and icecream. I normally make really cute cakes for the kids birthdays, you know, the ones that take 4 hours to decorate. But, I have not been good about it this year with everything going on. I felt bad and told Kaitlyn that I was sorry that she didn't get a fun cake and she said, "That's okay mommy. I like it just the way it is because you made it." What a sweet little girl. Anyway, Happy Birthday, Kaitlyn!

5 comments:
Happy birthday Kaitlyn! She's a darling!
Hooray for Kaitlyn - what a great birthday. Too bad the ward's party was scheduled the same night. Seven seems just too dang old.
looks like she had a great day no matter the circumstances
kaitlyn is such a sweet little girl. i just love how she likes to tell me what's up in her life! so cute! happy birthday!
i hope little maddie is doing better! i can't imagine having to go through all that!
Happy B-day! So sweet to be understanding about her little sister being sick! Hope she gets better and cute wrapping paper by the way!
Post a Comment