Back to the story...After scooping all the water out of the sink I placed the bucket under the pipes and got started. Mom stayed on the phone with me to guide me through this. I secretly think that she just wanted to hear me squeal when all the gunk came out. :0) I unhooked the pipes and got part of it cleaned and then I realized that the disposal side of the sink was still plugged and the pipe in that area was on way too tight. Mom tells me to go find one of Jason's wrenches to try to loosen it. So here I am looking through the garage for a tool that Mom is trying to describe to me over the phone. I couldn't find the exact wrench but I did find one that would work. So it was back to the kitchen to take off more pipes. Well, I think I took off one too many because all at once, stuff shot everywhere. It was so gross.
The joys of having a hubby that isn't home all the time. I think that they should offer a survival class for all air force wives that teach them what to do when things go wrong. A part of me wonders if Jason rigs things to break when he is gone so I appreciate him and miss him even more. Okay, so I know that is not the case but it gives me someone to blame when I break something. The most amusing part of all of this is that I have never in all my life plugged the disposal and I happen to do it not even 6 hours after he leaves so I had to take care of it. I guess I can now add plumber to the list on my Mom Resume.

No comments:
Post a Comment