It seems like Jason is gone more than he is home. I was so excited when he told me that he was not on the February schedule to go out. He got back right before Christmas so his week off was spent running everywhere for everyone else and we didn't get a chance to really spend time together as a family. As soon as his week off from work was up, the base did several exercises so he couldn't take off any additional time. I patiently waited (okay, so not so patiently) for him to be able to take a week off work to spend time with me and to work on finishing up the basement. That time finally came this past week. He took of tuesday through friday. Well, wouldn't you know it, he gets a call from his squadron on wednesday saying that something has come up and that his leave is now over and he needed to report in that afternoon. He was told that he would be deploying and it would happen as early as friday. We got the word on friday afternoon that he would be leaving this morning at 7:00. So much for me having him home for a while! :0)
You know, I really think that I am getting the short end of the stick with this one. While I am sitting in the freezing cold taking care of the kids and the house all by myself, he is down on a tropical island. In an attempt to make me feel better he told me that he would be flying so much that he wouldn't get to spent much time at the beach. Needless to say, that didn't make me feel better. On a positive note, this deployment shouldn't be as long as the others so hopefully he will be home before I know it.
8 years ago

4 comments:
ah! i can't believe they made him leave again! you're a lot stronger than i would be though---i'd have hitched a ride in a suitcase and left the kids with grandma! (would they let you through security though???) come and play this week, kay?
First off I didn't know you had a blog. Super excited! Second of all, all I can say is that you are amazing. I couldn't do what so many of you wives and moms have to do. I really do look up to you and respect you so much.
I'm with Camie! Holy cow! I don't know how you guys do it! I'd tell him to go to his boss and say "no way! I'm not going anywhere!" and then that'd get him fired. You're strong. Oh! And good for you for not calling a plumber and doing it youself!
Girl- you are better than a lot of wives. I gripe about my husband being gone for 4 days. Thanks for the comment. It led me to your blog. I wish others in our class would share their blogs. I'm glad to hear someone looks at it. Hang in there! At least kids keep us busy and wear us out! Leaves not much time for anything else!
Post a Comment