Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Happy Birthday Kaitlyn!

It is hard to believe that Kaitlyn is now 6 years old. She wasn't supposed to grow up so fast. It is days like this that really make you look back and remember all the little moments you have had with your kids. Kaitlyn is such a sweet child. She is always wanting to make everyone happy and is such a big helper. She is willing to help with things that many kids would drag their feet with. Kaitlyn loves to cuddle up on the couch and read stories to her brother and sister. She is always willing to hold Maddie on her lap and listen to her scream so I can do simple things like start dinner or just run to the bathroom. I couldn't ask for a better child.

She had a good birthday but decided that she wanted to wait for Daddy to come home before really celebrating her birthday. So, she opened only 2 gifts and had a cupcake that we made yesterday. It is amazing to me that she doesn't want to open her presents yet. Heck, I'm 28 and I don't know if I would be willing to wait to open my own gifts for another week or so after my birthday! We met Jenn, Dave, and their kids for a quick dinner kid style and she was able to go and buy herself some princess makeup with the money from Grandma and Grandpa Kirby.

No comments: