8 years ago
Saturday, March 21, 2009
Scars?
Okay, I will spare you all the picture of them but does anyone have any good remedies to help minimize scars? I figure that I have enough friends with doctor husbands that one of you might have a good idea of what to use. Does neosporin or mederma work? I want to try and prevent my incisions from scarring if possible. They did all my stiches internally and "super glued" the outer layer of skin. Well, the "super glue" fell off yesterday so now it is on to preventing scars. Most of the incisions are fairly small, only one is about 2 inches, so it is not a huge deal if I cannot get rid of them. But, heck, why not try?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
after christian's accident, the plastic surgeon told us to minimize the scars, NOT to use neosporin (there's something in it that, although it prevents infection, doesn't help w/scarring). she said to use vitamin e (we bought the capsules and then poked them w/a pin to open them up). it worked wonderfully. that's also what erin used after her accident for her scars. good luck!
Vitamin E is great for scars. Cells need moisture to multiply, so try not to let it get dried out. That's all I got.
Post a Comment