Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Pumpkin fever

Today was the day that Kaiden has been talking about for weeks. He was able to go on his first field trip and man was he excited. It was nice to be able to go with him and spend a little one-on-one time together. Thanks Jenn for watching Maddison so I could go. It was muddy and freezing cold, but we had fun. Rachel, I think I underestimated just how cold it was going to be when I told you it wouldn't be too cold and that we would be fine. Oops! :0)
We rode the train, which Kaiden loved. But, his favorite part was riding the hayride out to get his own pumpkin.
He was so proud of his pumpkin but was slightly confused when he went to pick it up and the vine came with it. I'm not sure how he thought pumpkins came to be but from his reaction, he didn't think they grew on a vine. When we pulled it off the vine, he was once again a happy camper.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I'm glad you were able to go. Kaiden has good taste in pumpkins - Tanner picked a greenish yellow one, weird.

Kathleen said...

that's so great you could go! yeah, i wasn't too envious of cubby and you all though...it WAS cold! but, very fun from what i've heard. 'glad kaiden had a good time.